Are you using your competitive advantages in this challenging market place? Grab the keys of success and be sure your RV advertising is working for you.
Most dealers are locking up their true competitive advantage and this is just the opposite of what you should be doing. If your wanting more traffic here are six steps to take.
KEY ONE: CONQUEST SALES
Don’t stop your conquest marketing efforts. You must still invest in this process. With all the tools you have available there is no excuse to abandon conquest sales. RV market place is growing. .
Steal sales from the competition.
KEY TWO: THREE-FOLD DEFINITION OF ADVERTISING
1. Get the message to the masses – But speak one to one.
2. Provide a valid opportunity to respond – Provide a call to action.
3. Achieve results & sell product – Make your effort trackable.
YOUR ADVERTISING SHOULD SELL… NOT JUST TELL.
KEY THREE: PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE ADVERTISING MESSAGES
1. Attention Getter 3. Logical Reason
2. Strong Statement 4. Urgent Call to Action
KEY FOUR: CHARACTERISTICS OF CAMPAIGN EXECUTION
1. Planning 3. Continuity
2. Contrast 4. Believability
Be creative and contrast. Nothing expands an advertising budget like good creative. If your cutting your creative budget you maybe doing more damage than helping. Finally people are more cynical that ever and if your message is not believable your leaving traffic at the door.
KEY FIVE: ELEMENTS OF IMPACT PRODUCTION
1. Intensity 3. Execution
2. Consistency 4. Different
If you really want effective creative make sure it has these elements. I have always found that skimping on production makes no sense. Why put the entire media budget at risk because you want to save a few hundred dollars on production.
KEY SIX: MAXIMIZE THE SALES DRIVERS
1. Desirable Inventory
2. Motivated, Informed and Professional Sales Force
3. Honest, Ethical and Effective Advertising for Results
If you can’t say yes to these three items you might consider holding off on your campaign until you can yes to all three!