The basics to driving traffic to a dealership have never really changed. In fact in the last year the big 3 have been more important than ever.
1) IT ALL STARTS WITH INVENTORY!
It may sound simple but you must stock your best-selling units. YOU HAVE TO WORK HARDER TO GET BETTER BUYS. You’re going to get a lot of pressure from the manufacturers to carry other models, but don’t focus as much effort on them. Really think if old relationships are going to be worth maintaining.
2) HAVE A MOTIVATED AND INFORMED SALES FORCE!
Your sales force is the link between your customer and the dealership. Be sure you keep them informed.
1. Inform them about every ad campaign and get them motivated.
2. Develop a prospecting program that gives them a purpose and incentive.
3. Train them on how to use your ad campaign as a closing tool.
If there is logic in your campaign and a real reason to buy, your staff should know it.
3) HAVE A SOLID RETAIL MESSAGE!
Focus your advertising on getting Conquest Sales.
1. Communicate one clear message. Don’t create a lot of offer clutter.
2. Relate the value to the targeted buyer. What does it mean to them.
3. Create urgency, not distress.
4. Ask for the order and make it time sensitive.
BE SURE TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE EVERY CAMPAIGN- DO I HAVE THE INVENTORY, DO I HAVE MY STAFF READY AND IS MY MESSAGE BUILT TO DRIVE TRAFFIC.
Follow these three steps and you’ll have many more winners than losers.